Support the Ascend Reopening Fund
Nine months ago, at the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, we faced the unprecedented challenge of pivoting Ascend’s ambitious program to remote instruction while ensuring that our students and families were well-supported during these difficult times. We’re proud to say that, with the help of the support and partnership from the entire Ascend community, we met that challenge.
- Today, attendance rates for remote learning are at pre-pandemic levels—roughly 95%.
- All 5,800 students have the technology they need to learn at home.
- Our robust remote program provides a consistent daily schedule, access to live instruction and teachers every weekday, and personalized support for students and their families.
- We opened the Ascend Learning Support Center to provide a safe, supervised location for our most vulnerable students to participate in online instruction.
- We have provided direct assistance in the form of food and cash support to families struggling to weather the pandemic and its devastating effects on our lives.
We are grateful to everyone who has made this work possible: our committed staff, dedicated board directors and trustees, and generous contributors.